Sunday, July 16, 2017

But now it's Spring

I wrote this post awhile back, but felt ungrateful, so I didn't post it.  But, it's me.  And it's my truth.  I always say that I will never feel guilty because of my happiness, 
I also won't wash over it when I'm not.   
 
When you live in the land of endless summers it's easy to lose the balance of the seasons.  There is no break from the positive and sunshine of the everyday.
While that is a beautiful existence... it is also exhausting.  Habits creep in.  Adventure becomes ordinary.  When everything is the same day after day... when and how do we reflect and reboot? Change allows for gratitude and motivation.  It makes room for more possibility. 


These last few months, I longed for  rainy days and good snuggles on the couch.   I craved guiltless lethargy. 
So, I created my own winter.  Staying in, baking.  Game night with the family.  Life was still busy.  But, I made an effort to slow down for the sake of inspiration. When we are constantly moving towards the next adventure or goal the present moment is lost.

But now it's Spring.  Time to plant new seeds.  Hope new hopes.
Dream bigger dreams and finally shake off the 'winter blues'.

And now.  Tonight.  After a day that has been completely filled, the rain comes.
I am in my kitchen (that Hubs built)  after finishing a family dinner I made from scratch, listening to the music of the rain on the tin roof of our back porch.  Hubs and Coco are in the living room laughing.

It is time to let go of winter.  
My heart is so full and happy.  It all makes sense right now.
We are making plans while living in paradise.
This life is magic when we take the time to let it be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...