Friday, November 11, 2016

The Good, the Scary and the Hopeful


What a freaking crazy week.  My emotions have been all over the place. 
From my best bud in town for a 24 hour visit, to the election~ so many emotions.

We were so happy to have had Lea here for a little while and we made the most of it doing what you're supposed to do when you come down to the Keys~ watch the sunset.  Unfortunately, the following morning was rainy and cold (for here), but we attempted to get outside anyway.  We got rained on....  

Then.... election night.  It required copious amounts of wine to get through.   I am still not sure it's real.  The rational part of my brain is still processing.  My heart is broken and I realize that a lot of people (even though I knew) leaned the other way and are oblivious.  It's like the descent and hate that had been spewed for the last 18 months is irrelevant.  That the rhetoric has no bearing or importance.   That the divisiveness was imagined and now... now they don't understand why we can't just get along.    When a large portion of those same people fought tooth and nail for the last eight years about EVERYTHING. 
I am uncertain about so many things now.  The results have provoked conversations and revelations I wasn't prepared to have, with myself and people that I love.  
And I had to tell my girl.  I watched her lose a little faith in humanity for the first time.
I am hopeful it will be restored.  Because that is what we do.  That is what we have... hope. 

To forget why we were so sad and to hold tighter to what makes us happy, Hubs, Coco and I took to the water for salt water therapy. 

It helped.  But it still hurts.  It hurts to know that we, as a country are now represented by someone who doesn't value all people the same. 

Instead of reaming part of the conversation, I am holding tighter to the people and things that bring me joy.   The beauty and the love are what will get fed in my heart.  There is no more room for hate. 

My energy is focused not only on my loves, but I'm also making room for more with Serenity Eco Guides.  We have a big project happening and should be announcing soon. 

Such a random mashup of photos and thoughts. That was my week.  This is my life and my truth. The good, the scary and the hopeful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...